Relationships with children and families are at the heart of Early Years. They underpin everything that we do, and are the foundations upon which all good practice is built.
This course will support practitioners to understand the vital role that they play in developing and maintaining positive relationships, making links between theory, policy, and practice, and providing insights into the universal strategies that can be used to enhance interactions.
Following completion of this module, practitioners will have an improved understanding of:
- Why relationships matter.
- Research findings.
- Theoretical perspectives.
- Attunement & Communication.
- Universal Strategies
- The ‘High 5 in Fife’.
- Predictable, stable and responsive relationships.
- Sensitive and responsive interactions.
- Learning partnerships and co-construction.
- How relationships link to health and wellbeing.
- Teacher: Scott Bissett